Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Airfare Heaven

I just received some wonderful news! My cousin Spencer, is coming to visit in October! Looks like I'm having a full house in Thailand. So far, I have three visitors who have signed up to venture over to South East Asia. My cousin's travel plans also align with some of his old college buddies. The group has planned to celebrate the full moon party at Koh Phangan, Thailand. The full moon party is an all-night party which hosts an wide variety of music and festive activities such as fire skipping ropes and drinking from buckets.

I have yet to experience this and when I heard Spencer was going. I quickly jumped on board with his plan. Scouring the Internet for airline tickets to Koh Samui, I was lucky to find tickets to the online for 3560 baht ($122 US) on Bangkok Airways. I was disappointed to learn that AirAsia, whose slogan is, "World's Best Low-Cost Airline." does not fly to Koh Samui.

What I just found on AirAsia.com left me stunned. A new promotion was just posted two days ago. In honor of the world-class flower festival (?) the airline is offering the following rates if booked in the next three days:

A good chunk of domestic flights in Thailand for less than 1000 Baht ($34 US). Including Krabi and Phuket! Two beach locations! You can bet I'll be scoring one of those flights. The only catch is the traveling periods for the promotion are from Jan 3rd 2012- Feb 28th 2012.

Oh wait there's more:

Want to fly to Cambodia? Sure why not? It's less than $34.

How about India? For $79? That's pretty hard to say no to.

Indonesia? Macau? Myanmar? Singapore? Vietnam?

My mind is blown.


No comments:

Post a Comment